|3 sq. meter
|4 sq. meter
|5 sq. meter
|6 sq. meter
|Wing Range (Knots)
|Estimated Weight (No Window)
|Estimated Weight (Window)
|Recommended Inflating Pressure (PSI)
Understanding the characteristics of this material is the key to the responsiveness of the NITRO, the process if inflation places a higher tension on the fabric and you feel that immediately. This does not stop at the strut and leading edge but is integrated into the canopy through the Ultra PE load frame.
Ultra PE Load Frame
This technology continues into the canopy where Ultra-high, modulus yarns carry the primary load of the canopy, preventing stretch and increasing long-term performance. This enables us to minimize or completely remove the heavier fabric and utilize the ballistic high-modulus web fibers instead, thus increasing strength and minimizing weight. These yarns are integrated through reinforced taping that allows them to elongate under extreme load, absorbing most of the forces that would occur under shock loading.
- Ultra-Responsive, high pressure leadinf edge and strut.
- Load Frame stabilizes and support high tension canopy.
- 30% Lighter than aa traditional wing with greater stability.
HIGH PRESSURE LEADING EDGE
While able to run 30 – 40% more leading edge pressure, this creates a stiffer structure and ultimately allows us to run a thinner leading edge.
LOAD FRAME SUPPORTED CANOPY
Utilizing the same Ultra PE primarily Fiber as the Leading edge and Struts, the load frame carries much of the primarily load running through the canopy. This prevents the the canopy cloth from over stretching and losing performance. This also increases esponsiveness by creating a more locked in shaping into the canopy.
THINNER LEADING EDGE
* Reduces the drag on the wing, when the wing is flagged out while riding or down winding. This is especially important in more offshore wave conditions to help keep the rider on the wave face.
* Allows a higher angle of attack when going up wind or travelling at higher speed.
* The Hookipa Ultra PE fabric is 25% lighter than traditional Dacron leading edge materials.
* The reduce diameter structures and optimized details result in an overall weight saving of up to 30%.
HIGHER TENSION CANOPY
The higher tension leading edge increases tension which improves the stability of the wing, early planning and responsiveness.
Thinner tips reduce the oscillation of the wing when the wing is in neutral. This makes the NITRO easier to control when the wing is flagged out.
HIGH PRESSURE LE AND STRUT
The biggest combined benefits of the Ultra PE is the ability to run higher pressure without sacrificing longevity. This higher tension leading edge creates a much more responsive frame that can be loaded before jumping, pumps incredidibly well and responds quickly to rider input.
- 3m – 20-40kts – 11psi – 258cm span – 1.42kg
- 4m – 16-32kts – 10psi – 285cm span – 1.64kg
- 5m – 12-26kts – 10psi – 298cm span – 1.95kg
- 6m – 9-22kts – 9psi – 286cm span – 2.17kg